Friday, July 10, 2009

Honor & Joy

The sound of the water streaming from the shower is the music of the morning in our humble home. The smell of his soap, shampoo and shaving products waft through the air and bring a smile to my face. He is preparing himself to leave the shelter of our family to deal with the world for a few hours.

He didn't ask me to iron his shirt, I volunteered. The steam from the iron jumps up to touch my face, not too hot but a soothing warmth. Pride moves over me as I move the hot iron across fabric of the shirt. He works hard to provide for our family. God has given him a servant's heart for helping others. He is kind, generous with his love and loyal to a fault.

I hang the shirt on a hanger, button the top few buttons and smooth out the fabric. Thank you God for giving me this man to love. He is my best friend, my love, my partner and my comfort. Ironing his shirt is my honor. To help a man as good as this, my joy.

No comments: